At the 9 to 12 month visit, the nurse will:
- ask about breastfeeding and the foods your pēpi may be eating
- measure your baby’s length, weight and head size, and check how they move
- check they can see and hear well
- check their teeth and gums
- check their development
- ask if your pēpi has been immunised.
Immunisations for babies and toddlers
They will also talk to you about how you are, how you are getting on, being a parent, and:
- breastfeeding and moving on to solid food
- being safe
- smoking in the house
- family violence.
Your baby’s development
The nurse will ask questions about your baby’s learning, development and behaviour. This may include questions about how they:
- talk and make speech sounds
- understand what you say
- use their hands and fingers to do things
- use their arms and legs
- get along with others
- are learning to do things for themselves.