Your rights under the code include the right to:
- receive the information you need to make decisions about your health and about any tests, procedures or treatments
- have information provided in a way that you understand
- make an informed choice and give your informed consent before you undergo a test, procedure or treatment
- be treated with respect and dignity, taking into account your cultural needs and values
- have a support person with you, at most times
- have services be provided with reasonable care and skill
- complain about a provider, in a way that is appropriate for you.
All these rights also apply if you take part — or are asked to take part — in teaching or research.